We are making some changes to the Show this year. In light of current circumstances, the Discovery Zone will be reconfigured to safely allow for social distancing. Displays and demonstrations will replace some ‘hands-on’ activities and there will be no touching of animals. In some exhibitor spaces, one-way systems and limited capacity will be in place for the best experience. Please be patient, follow social distancing rules and allow for queuing during busy times.
Bring your school to the Great Yorkshire Show for an exciting opportunity for children to learn more about farming, food and the countryside at England’s Premier Agricultural Show.
Join us for an educational, action-packed day that features everything that’s great about Yorkshire!
School bookings for the 2021 Show are now open. To enquire about availability and to make a booking please email email@example.com
A Teacher-Friendly School Trip
From booking right through to delivery, we are on your side! We pride ourselves on making your visit as enjoyable and stress-free as possible, working with you to ensure that it meets the needs of all of your pupils.
Secondary Schools & Colleges
The Great Yorkshire Show provides the perfect opportunity to extend your students’ learning outside of the classroom and be immersed in Yorkshire’s biggest celebration of food, farming, and rural life.
There will be endless opportunities for students to engage with potential employers and industry specialists where curriculum learning can be linked to careers (Gatsby Benchmark 4).
The show is the perfect event for Key Stage 3 – 5 students, studying the following subjects:
• Business Studies
• Food Preparation & Nutrition
• Computer Science
• Hospitality, Tourism & Event Management
• All Land-Based subjects
Students will be immersed in these industries and can carry out relevant project tasks or research, take a look at our booklet above to get ideas for specific subjects.
Alongside the wealth of cross-curricular educational experiences on offer across the showground, your class can enjoy focused learning opportunities in ‘The Discovery Zone’.
Enjoy a wealth of FREE demonstrations and workshops, provided by our partners who have been selected for the high quality of their delivery and educational content of their activities, which explore food, farming, the environment and the magic of the great outdoors. There is something for everyone!
School Group Prices & Teacher Ratios
Use the booking form (link at the bottom of the page) to calculate the number of free teachers and total cost for your visit.
(Ordered before 25th June 2021)
(Ordered between 26th June and 6th July 2021*)
|Free Teachers||Additional Teachers/Adults
|Primary Schools (KS1 & KS2)||£7||£10||1 free teacher for every 6 pupils||£24.50|
|Secondary Schools & Colleges (KS3 – KS5)||1 free teacher for every 10 pupils|
- *Tickets for the Show are strictly capped this year and went on sale on June 1. School Group bookings will close at 5pm on Tuesday 6th July 2021; this includes adding pupils to existing bookings. If you need to purchase an additional ticket after 06/07/21 please do so online as a standard visitor.
- School Groups must arrive and enter the show as a group, individuals arriving at the gate with a school wristband will not be granted entry.
- The minimum number required to book as a school group is 10 pupils, if you have less than 10 pupils please book tickets online as a standard visitor.
- School wristbands (which are your entry tickets for both adults and pupils) will not be sent until payment has been received.
- If you have more than 10 additional adults/parents/guardians who would like to attend they can book tickets through the website as a standard visitor. If you have more than 15 additional adults who would like to attend they can book as a group and receive a group discount. Please visit the Group Booking page.
Quotes from schools who have previously attended:
The Great Yorkshire Show is really interesting and it was great to go round with school friends and learn about the agricultural side of Yorkshire. ‘A great day out, the animals, the stalls and the many activities all adds up to a fantastic time’.
Pupil from St Aidan’s Church of England High School, Harrogate