In line with government guidance applicable at the time of the Show on the admission of visitors to the Showground, the Code of Conduct acts to principally guide and advise you on the protocols, mandatory, or advisory that may be in place during the event.
As a condition of booking your ticket and entry to the event, you are kindly reminded of the requirement to adhere to this Code of Conduct which will be outlined here, in full, closer to the event. The Society reserves the right to exclude any visitor that fails to comply with the Code of Conduct.
Show organisers have been working closely with North Yorkshire County Council Public Health and Harrogate Borough Council to ensure the event can meet strict criteria to go ahead safely.
The safety of the public, exhibitors and their animals, staff, volunteers and everyone who is part of the show is paramount.
New Covid-safe measures implemented this year include:
- Holding the show over four days, rather than three: Tuesday 13 to Friday 16 July
- Advance tickets only and capping total capacity to 26,000 a day
- Changing the opening hours to 8am to 6pm
- Adapting the Show to use as much outdoor space as possible
- Multiple sanitiser points and changing layouts to avoid pinch points
- Track and Trace will be at the hospitality points
- Reducing the Grandstand capacity to 25% – 30% with tickets purchased in advance
- Extra security to disperse any crowding
- One way system around the Food Hall
- Hall 2 closed to public although the entrance will be a celebrity meet & greet
- Face coverings to be worn in all indoor areas, including toilets and the Grandstand, and encouraged when in queues
- Enhanced cleaning
- Table service only at bar areas
For latest Covid-19 advice please go to:
Visitor Code of Conduct
In line with government guidance on the admission of visitors to the Showground, the Code of Conduct acts to principally guide and advise you of the protocols in place during the event. Click the button below to download a copy.
NB: Please come prepared for changing weather. To keep everyone safe we have reduced the number of inside areas in operation so please check the weather forecast and bring a suitable raincoat or umbrella so you can continue to enjoy the show in all weathers.
Caravan & Camping Pitch Bookings
If you have booked a caravan or tent pitch at the Great Yorkshire Show 2021, please download and read the Covid-19 Supplementary Code of Conduct